Cross Stitch Ramblings

7.9.04

Framing & Goodies

I finally plucked up courage to find out if my old framing man is still alive, and indeed he is. In fact, he doesn't look any different to he did 10 odd years ago when he framed my early work for me.

I took the Dragon and Castle in its damaged frame to be repaired, the Butterfly Fairy and the Clown. He was a bit doubtful as to whether he could get glass for the clown as its so long and thin, but he will try. I've no idea how much he's going to charge, but by the fact I got Winnie the Pooh projects framed by him before he can't have been that expensive.

I had a parcel arrive today - cross stitch goodies! A pack of various accessories someone was clearing out on ebay. It includes one of those white plastic paco needle organisers - the only thing in the set I actually wanted, although I will be using some of the other bits as well.

Also today my trusty credit card had an outing in the Coats Needlecrafts bargain basement. I came back with a Teresa Wentzler kit, 'Tradewinds' which has been telling me to buy it every time I go in there for at least the past couple of months, 'Moonlight bay' kit from the Craft Collection, 'Royal' kit by Orna Willis from Dimensions Gold Collection, 2 TW charts, 'Fantasy Triptych' and 'The Storyteller' and 'Northern Dignity' by Dimensions. The Jury's still out on whether I'm actually going to stitch any of this lot or sell it. Perhaps I'll put them up for a lot more than I paid for them and see what happens. if they don't sell, well, I was meant to have them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home