Cross Stitch Ramblings

1.9.04

Companions is finished!

It is finished at last!

This is a big deal for me, as it had been 'on the go' for a good 10 years, and of all the projects I attempted to do in the intervening years that I wasn't really stitching, this would invariably be the one I picked up; and then put down after a little while as it was too difficult. Its also the last of those projects to be completed, everything I have now is recent.

One or two things I'm not happy about. I followed the chart precisely. All the fractionals are quarter stitches, three quarters are not used. In a lot of places there are two quarters in the opposite corners of two adjacent spaces, a back stitch going between them. This leaves a bit of fabric showing. These fractionals should have been done as three quarters. Also, the back stitching is done in an assortment of different colours. The instructions say to do them in the order listed and this I did. So, if you've got a patch of cross stitching in colour X and a patch in colour O next to it, I do the backstitch line in between them in colour P (for example), as this comes first in the instructions. But looking at the photo 'they' did it in the other colour, and this is what is most appropriate. Partly my fault I guess for interpreting everything literally and not being prepared to do things differently if I feel it is more appropriate. I've learned......

Still, it looks pretty good as it is!

Next project is to finish the elepant, the birthday this is for is on 30 September so need to get moving.......!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home