Cross Stitch Ramblings

4.8.04

Flower Fairies

I had a magazine arrive today that I bought via ebay with another flower fairy chart - the Fushia Fairy. So thats another one t add to the project list.

To be honest, there are far too many flower fairies on the project list. I'm fairly obsessed with them right now but theres a good chance I'll get bored with them eventually and not end up doing half of them. Which means its probably just as well that most of them are just charts for which I have not (yet) gone out and bought all the materials. I scour ebay for flower fairies almost every day. My mission is to get hold of one of the smaller kits, which usually retail at about £6.99, for £4 or less including P&P. I don't need any more kits, but its a challenge. At the moment I'm winning a heliotrope fairy for £1. I fully expect to get outbid within the next day or so. Such is life!

Today I found another framed finished project that I finished in my previous cross stitching life - before I had the children. It was lurking at the back of the desk, it is Winnie the Pooh and friends waiting at a train station. I'd forgotten all about that one. Can't remember if it ever hung on the wall. The glass is broken so it needs to go back to the framing man along with the Dragon & Castle and one of the cottage trilogy which also got damaged/broken.

I have done absolutely no stitching today, which is very unusual because today is a non work day. But I did do an awful lot of those chores, housework etc. which normally get seriously neglected in favour of my stitching. So next time I spend a whole evening stitching I can do it with a clearer conscience.

The Apple Blossom Fairies is looking a bit odd now. I've finished the small fairy and have done the clump of flowers underneath her, but they don't look much without the back stitch and french knots. I'm leaving the french knots until I've finished all the crosses, because I feel they're more likely to suffer from being squashed in the hoop when I have to move the design around than crosses. This is of course assuming I actually manage to master them! Maybe I should do some practising.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home