Cross Stitch Ramblings

14.7.04

Framing

My husband went into a local art shop that does framing yesterday and asked for a rough price on how much it would be to frame the butterfly fairy I finished last month.
They quoted him about £100 ......... OUCH!!!
I have no memory of how much the old guy who did all my framing charged. I said roughly £10 - husband thought it was nearer £25. Either way I know it wasn't offputting at the time. Problem is I have no idea if he is still doing framing, not having been in contact for 10 years or so, or, if the old bloke is still alive even.
I have about 5 or 6 medium-large finished projects that need framing. Even at £25 a shot its going to cost me a pretty penny that I really can't afford so I'm going to have to have a go at framing at least some of them myself.
I'll start with the little ones - there are 4 completed ones of these, two which came with mini frames, I managed to get hold of 2 little square framecraft frames for 75p each the other day for the other 2. The idea is to hang them on the walls of my daughter's dolls house.
If they go ok I'll have a go at doing the flower fairies, they're fairly small and with a bit of patience I don't see why I can't make a good job of framing them with a ready made photo frame and a mount. I'm patient enough to spend hours and hours doing cross stitch so I should be able to manage putting one of them in a frame! We'll see how I go......
The skirt of the ballerina is now about 2/3 - 3/4 done. I'd really like to get this one finished by the end of July as I'm itching to start on a Castle Sampler which I bought years ago from one of those clubs. So my current goal is to finish the skirt by the end of Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home