Cross Stitch Ramblings

20.7.04

Moving Swiftly On.......

The ballerina is starting to look like something other than a blob of pink stitches!
I have finished the bodice, both arms and about half of one leg. It seems to be moving on very quickly now I've gone beyond the skirt although it has to be said I am spending an inordinate amount of time on it, to the expense of the housework, ironing etc....
I have been trying, and so far failing, to get some pictures on this diary/journal etc. A diary about something so visual as cross stitch really needs pictures but my computer, which is feeling quite unhealthy lately, does not seem to want to communicate with the camera. It really needs a Doctor, in the person of my computer expert big brother, but he will be away on holidays for the next couple of weeks so unless I can figure something out without him the pictures will have to wait until he's waved his magic wand at the computer!
When I've finished the ballerina I want to get the little piglet finished, although at this moment I'm not entirely sure where I put it!
After that, it is my intention to tackle the Apple Blossom Fairies. This is a larger DMC design apparently 'for the discerning needlecrafter'. Why I've chosen this one is because it requires french knots, something which I can't do and I need to learn how. They are a kind of nemesis with me, I'm scared of them. I've never really tried them but I keep on reading about how some people find them very difficult. My determined streak wants to be able to do them, and do them well, so the Apple Blossom Fairies it must be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home