Cross Stitch Ramblings

10.8.04

Flitting Around

I threw away the little Piglet kit. I had serious intentions of getting on and finishing it but met with some stumbling blocks. It looked like I'd made some major mistakes with the stitching I'd done so far, plus I hadn't taken any care of the threads and one of them was missing. I sat and stared at it for a long time. I don't like to be defeated. But I finally decided I didn't like it anyway. Its just Piglet's head and shoulders, I do like Piglet but I like it to be the whole character, body and all, I feel that way over any character I stitch. Plus, its unnecessarily complicated. Don't get me wrong, I love doing complicated designs, the more intricate and detailed the better, but thats for big, striking projects, not for Disney characters. So Piglet went in the bin.

I replaced him with the little sewing machine kit I bought a while back for about £1. I've done all the black stitching so far & it looks like a sewing machine already! The intention is to put it in a card for my Mum for my birthday.

Other than that, I've been flitting around several different projects. 'Companions' (Father Christmas and his horse) has been like a nemesis for me. Its the only 'on the go' project thats been hanging around for years. The back stitch is so difficult! And the longer I leave it, the harder it is to pick it up again. I realised that working on it regularly, even if not exclusively, makes it easier. I did all the backstitch on one tree today. Its going to look great! When I have finished this one I will, I promise, take all my finished projects to be framed.

Other ones I've done bits of are the permin horse, very boring, the elephant, which is progressing nicely, and a tiny bit of the not abandoned Apple Blossom Fairies. I've also wound and sorted my remaining full skeins of thread onto bobbins. Next I have to sort out 'the box' full of magazines, bits of fabric, finished projects and all sorts. But for now, a little more stitching is in order......

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home