Cross Stitch Ramblings

16.1.05

Numbers and Castles

The TW pattern booket arrived promptly yesterday. It contains some stunning designs. Apart from the two I already have, there are up to seven more that I might potentially stitch one day. My favourite is probably Rapunzel, or maybe the Carousel. The only one I wouldn't like to stitch is Pegasus, because for me it contains too much green. Its nice to look at but I wouldn't like to stitch that much green. 'Companions' was very green intensive which was one of the reasons why I found it such hard work!

The Castle Sampler chart that it in the booklet presented me with a dilemma. There are 50 odd different shades of thread, I had numbered them 1-50 odd on the instruction sheet and labelled them on the sorting cards with these numbers, not the actual DMC shade numbers. The chart in the book has the colours in a different order which would have meant me having to go through and colour match the whole lot. Not much fun. So I rifled around behind the drawer in which I keep current stitching projects and found there was some paper there. Pulled it out with a palette knife, and lo- amongst all of it was the missing instruction sheet. Fantastic! So I now have a booket I didn't need - still it is beautiful. Also I have just won from ebay a chart for TW's English Cottage Sampler. I have enough TW charts & kits to keep me going for the rest of my life!

I bought a magazine yesterday - have not been buying Cross Stitch magazines much lately I don't think there's a lot in them. But I like the Snow Princess in Cross Stitcher. Don't know if I'll ever get round to stitching it though! It says it takes 100 hours - I'm sort of half tempted to give it a go and time myself - to determine whether I'm a fast, slow or average stitcher. Magazine also includes an unnecessarily complicated mini kit of Eeyore's head. I wish they'd give us the whole of these characters, instead of just the head! Might stitch it one day, or it might get buried at the bottom of the box. Why do magazines always assume everyone stitches on aida and finds evenweave very difficult? I can't work out what is so hard about stitching on evenweave .... I prefer it. Ok moan over...!

The only work I've done is on 'Numbers'. I forgot to write the other day that I had also finished the Spider. I have now also done the balloon, which was row after row of the same colour, pleased to have finished that! And three of the flying bugs (one if definitely a bee, the other two may be dragonflies or butterflies, not sure. Its now approaching half way done - maybe 40%. I don't really want to keep it so would really like to give it to my friend for her baby's room .... so must get on stitching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home