Cross Stitch Ramblings

24.11.04

Apple Blossom Fairies finished

Yesterday evening I finally finished Apple Blossom Fairies after having worked on it almost all of Monday and Tuesday evening. I have to say that after many doubts during the progess of the works I'm very pleased with the finished results, the backstitch works well, and I am pleased I did it quickly. I think it is easier to get backstitch done quickly while I can still remember what colours the cross stitch symbols represent. I'll post a picture of it soon. Husband wants me to get it framed straight away but I feel inclined to wait until I have something else finished as well. Its a bit of a pain driving over to the framing man especially at this time of year.

This evening I finally embarked on the long awaited TW Castle Sampler. What's put me off all these years is the task of sorting all the threads. Well, in the end, it only took about an hour, and some patience. This one is going to be fun! It includes one-over-one stitching on evenweave, something which I've never done before. I've gone wrong already, seem to have managed to turn it upside down halfway through the first colour so had to unpick some. Never mind, it wasn't much. Will post progess pictures when there's something to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home