Cross Stitch Ramblings

5.1.05

Winnie the Pooh numbers

I started a new project. The Winnie the Pooh numbers one - its a kiddie one. Ten building blocks with numbers 0-9 and various WTP characters climbing all over them.

I started it because I needed a change from the Castle Sampler. Plus my husband was watching some a film in the living room which I didn't want to watch and I wanted to stitch. The Castle Sampler with all the stitching paraphanalia that goes along with it (photo-stitch album thingy to hold the threads, needle organiser, 3 bits of paper), is not easily movable so I got 'the box' down and grabbed the first kit in there. Pretty much randomly, although this kit is one of the ones I've had knocking around for years so kind of deserves to get done, if that makes any sense.

Its a complete contrast to the CS, as simplistic as that one is complicated. Lots of backstitch. The outline of all the blocks is backstitch with backstitch shading so I started on that. Only the actual numbers themselves and the characters are cross stitch and I really need the blocks done first otherwise I'll miscount and all the cross stitching will be in the wrong places. Unusual. I've never started off a project with backstitch before. I'm kind of hooked, I did 3 blocks yesterday and 6 today. I don't know why really, but I'm itching to get started on the shading. Don't know what I'm going to do with this one. My friend is due to have a baby next month but I doubt it'll be ready in time for that, its pretty big. Maybe by the time I've finished it someone else will be having a baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home