Cross Stitch Ramblings

16.11.04

Apple Blossom News

The main body of cross stitching and the french knots on Apple Blossom Fairies are now done. All I have left to do now is the backstitching but there's a lot of it so it'll take a while. I'm not totally happy with the french knots, most of them are ok but the few messy ones kind of spoil it. This project was an experiment really, to see if I really could master french knots. I doubt anything I do in the future will call for such a mass of them. I've read some people substitute beads for french knots but I don't think it would have worked with this one. I haven't tried beading yet, there are a few in the stash that call for them so I will do one day.

The framing man has finished the remaining three, I go to collect them on Thursday. I had hoped to have Apple Blossom fairies finished to take when I collected them but that's not now going to happen. I'm quite proud of myself for sticking with just the one project over the past few weeks, although the temptation to deviate will probably get stronger as I'm now onto the backstitch and I never enjoy doing that much. The next one I intend starting is the TW Castle Sampler which I've been wanting to get going on for a while but have been put off by the fact that there is a large colour palette and I need to sort all the threads out, for which I'll need quite a bit of time and good strong daylight, a rarity at this time of year! Maybe I'll need to do something else until I get some sunshine.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home